Monday, February 11, 2013

MUSIC

Hello.

I know it's been forever. As usual I fail at life. I feel, like with most things, that I only write and express whenever there is something momentous happening in my life or when I'm almost or actually in rock bottom and there seems to be no other way to address it than to create a world of myth and words and colour or melody.

I don't know if you've noticed by now but I love almost all types of ART form. I'd like to say and believe that I myself dabble in a few such as singing, painting, sketching, writing, and performing. I love the form of self expression and freedom art provides us with. I think it's a gift to humanity from the spirits in order to put us in our place. It grounds us and makes us realise that beyond our problems and everyday musings there are things far greater and magical.

Music has been one great part of my life ever since I was a child. My mother loves to sing and my father is a musician. Music played a concrete role in my life. Music stood as a figure, somethingI looked up to, something I adored, something that nurtured me and kept me safe. It is also a curse because of how critical I am with myself. I respect this particular art form very much that I tend to never be satisfied. I look back and forth through the musical greats of human history and I can never seem to find my niche and my "voice" amidst all the greatness. I doubt my ability to transport people with my music. I want my music to put people in a momentary trance. A place where for a few precious minutes they forget where they are and what they are most terrified about and just let go the way I let go. But when I listen and watch the people I admire I shrink into nothingness.

I think it's because I NEED to grow more. I NEED to feel and experience more in order to be able to GIVE MORE. I don't know if this makes sense to any of you reading this, but if there's something you are so passionate about you'd know how I feel. Yes some might say it's a fear of being judged or criticised, but beyond that is the fear of failing MYSELF more than anyone else. We all know ourselves are our worst critics and that's one sad truth.

Hopefully someday I will grace the glory of the world's finest stages. Hopefully I will be able to deliver performances and create music that will touch souls.

Hoping you have a magnificent and inspired day!

-smart aleck

No comments:

Post a Comment